College Connection Program
The College Connection program is designed to help YOU (or your college student) feel connected to home and the Temple even while away at college. We provide our students with a subscription to New Voices magazine, send care packages and cards for all the major Jewish holidays, and keep students up to date on Jewish programs and experiences.
However, we cannot add students to our program unless we have ALL of the following information:
- Student name and year in college
- Name of college/program they will be attending this academic year
- School mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Areas of interest (Israel programs, Judaic Studies opportunities, Temple info, etc.)
Please send this information to Ariana Estoque at email@example.com or call (415) 751-2541 x 307.
STUDY ABROAD + GAP YEAR PROGRAMMING
BRAND NEW GAP YEAR PROGRAM - Accepting applications for 2015 graduates: Tzedek America is an exciting 10-month, residential gap year program based in Los Angeles that will encourage you to use your passions and teach you skills to help you make society a better place and make you successful in life.
Through domestic travel, social justice internships, and adventure programming, you will bring your personal experience to facing challenges in American society. You will develop your abilities to express yourself and utilize leadership skills which are nurtured and fostered throughout the year. You will also have many opportunities to explore and redefine your Jewish identity as it intersects with your role as citizens of the United States.
Fantastic Israel experiences Before, During and After College
Are you a recent college graduate looking for a meaningful experience in Israel for either 5 or 10 months? If so, Tikkun Olam in Tel Aviv-Jaffa, is the perfect program for you. Check it out: www.tikkunolamisrael.org
Looking for a unique undergraduate experience and wanting to spend time in Israel?
Here is a great option for you: Hadassah College Jerusalem
An amazing new gap year program for 20 American high school grads and 20 Israelis called "Hevruta" that will be launched this fall at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem. Hevruta is about pluralistic learning, an exploration of Israeli and Diaspora culture, and a incubator for new Jewish leadership.
Hartman is currently recruiting for the program. If you have high school seniors who are looking at gap year possibilities, or are considering deferring college for a year, please direct them my way. The program's website is http://hartman.org.il/Programs_Landing_Page.asp?Cat_Id=438 and applications are due April 1.
Jewish Gap Year Program in the U.S. Must be willing to get dirty! Financial aid available.
The Tivnu Gap Year is a 9-month residential experience for high school graduates, ages 17-20, from across North America. Participants work and live together in Portland, Oregon. They build affordable, sustainable homes, create community, and explore the connections between Judaism and social justice. Financial aid available. Participants:
· Work with the Tivnu construction team and community partners such as Habitat for Humanity, learning and applying building skills. No prior experience is necessary – just a desire to contribute and a willingness to get dirty.
· Grapple with the complex issues of housing and related social justice issues through general and Jewish perspectives, and learn advocacy and community organizing skills with local non-profits.
· Enjoy living together and forge life-long friendships while exploring the treasures of Portland’s eclectic culture and the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
Tivnu Gap Year contact firstname.lastname@example.org