Side By Side - Fall 2014
Tuesdays and Thursdays beginning September 9, Congregation Emanu-El
Temple Emanu-El's Side By Side Program introduces our youngest children (18 months to 2.5 years) to a preschool environment with their parent or caregiver by their side. Our Side By Side program is rich in Jewish content, celebrating Jewish traditions and holidays. This program will be a wonderful introduction to preschool that will deepen relationships in our community and launch a meaningful beginning to the school experience for both parents and children.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to email Mimi.
Temple Emanu-El Preschool
Our mission is to inspire curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to promote social and emotional development, and to instill Jewish values and traditions within a nurturing and inclusive community.
Welcome to Temple Emanu-El Preschool
Just blocks from San Francisco's Presidio, Temple Emanu-El Preschool is housed within the Congregation Emanu-El synagogue, known for innovative programming that reflects the diversity of San Francisco.
We are a developmentally appropriate, play-based program influenced by Jewish values and culture that balances child and teacher initiated learning and supports developing social skills. An emergent curriculum approach allows teachers to help each child discover the fun and exploration of learning.
Community and inclusion are values highlighted by building relationships for our children, for our families, and within the Temple. Throughout the year, families are encouraged to participate in parent education, social programming, and community service, organized by the vibrant Parent Association in conjunction with the preschool administration and the broader Temple community.
Temple Emanu-El Preschool Highlights:
- Professional, Experienced, Caring Teachers
- Low Child: Staff Ratio (6:1)
- Active and Involved Parent Community
- Developmentally Challenging Curriculum
- Judaic curriculum that enhances the lives of our Jewish and non-Jewish children, parents, and staff
- Outstanding Pre-K Program and support to find the right Kindergarten for your child
- Enriching afternoon Extended Day Care programming
We are a school that continues to reflect and grow!
Frequently Asked Questions
San Francisco's Temple Emanu-El Preschool has offered a warm, caring, and stimulating environment for preschool-aged children and their families since 1986. We offer programming for children 0 to 5 years. Download an application
- Young Twos, 2.0 – 2.4 years, 5 mornings
- Preschool Programs, 2.5 – 4.0 years, 5 mornings
- Pre-K / Transitional K, 4.0 – 5.4 years, 5 mornings
- Morning program starting at 8:00 am
- Extended Day Care program available in three segments through 5:50 pm (5:30 pm on Fridays)
Parent & Baby/Toddler Programs
Early Drop-Off & Extended Day