Temple Emanu-El Preschool
Our mission is to inspire curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, to promote social and emotional development, and to instill Jewish values and traditions within a nurturing and inclusive community.
Welcome to Temple Emanu-El Preschool
Just blocks from San Francisco's Presidio, Temple Emanu-El Preschool is housed within the Congregation Emanu-El synagogue, known for innovative programming that reflects the diversity of San Francisco.
We are a developmentally appropriate, play-based program influenced by Jewish values and culture that balances child and teacher initiated learning and supports developing social skills. An emergent curriculum approach allows teachers to help each child discover the fun and exploration of learning.
Community and inclusion are values highlighted by building relationships for our children, for our families, and within the Temple. Throughout the year, families are encouraged to participate in parent education, social programming, and community service, organized by the vibrant Parent Association in conjunction with the preschool administration and the broader Temple community.
Temple Emanu-El Preschool Highlights:
- Professional, Experienced, Caring Teachers
- Low Child: Staff Ratio (6:1)
- Active and Involved Parent Community
- Developmentally Challenging Curriculum
- Judaic curriculum that enhances the lives of our Jewish and non-Jewish children, parents, and staff
- Outstanding Pre-K Program and support to find the right Kindergarten for your child
- Enriching afternoon Extended Day Care programming
We are a school that continues to reflect and grow!
Frequently Asked Questions
San Francisco's Temple Emanu-El Preschool has offered a warm, caring, and stimulating environment for preschool-aged children and their families since 1986. We offer programming for children 0 to 5 years. Download an application
- Young Twos, 2.0 – 2.4 years, 5 mornings
- Preschool Programs, 2.5 – 4.0 years, 5 mornings
- Pre-K / Transitional K, 4.0 – 5.4 years, 5 mornings
- Morning program starting at 8:00 am
- Extended Day Care program available in three segments through 5:50 pm (5:30 pm on Fridays)
Parent & Baby/Toddler Programs
Early Drop-Off & Extended Day
Thanks to a generous Emergency Grant from the Jim Joseph Foundation, the scholarship award process is being implemented in partnership with the Jewish Community Federation of San Francisco, the Peninsula, Marin and Sonoma Counties; the Jewish Federation of Silicon Valley; the Jewish Community Federation of the Greater East Bay; and the Bureau of Jewish Education. The Jim Joseph grant will enable families to keep their children in Jewish preschools, day schools, and Jewish overnight summer camps throughout the Bay Area.