Our rabbis and cantor are available to officiate at weddings of Jewish couples and interfaith couples. Interfaith couples must agree to meet the Temple's criteria for interfaith marriages.
The criteria are:
- That the couple plan to have a Jewish home and, if they have children, the children be raised as Jews;
- That they enroll in an introduction to Judaism class, preferably the one offered by Congregation Emanu-El.
- That they join a synagogue.
Our clergy do not co-officiate with clergy of another religion.
For more information please contact Svetlana Leykin at (415) 751-2541 x 123
It is customary to make a contribution in a couple's honor, such as to the Temple’s Lifecycle Fund.
The Chuppah and Beyond: The Relationship Education Series for Couples in a Jewish Context
Six Thursdays: February 19, 26; March 5. 12. 19. 26
7:00 - 9:00 pm, Congregation Emanu-El
Plus three Shabbat dinners (dates to be announced)
Are you an engaged or newly married couple? Then this series is meant for you. Chuppah and Beyond helps participants cultivate the foundational tools for a successful life together while simultaneously building a community of peers. Emanu-El clergy co-facilitate each class with licensed psychotherapist Yael Melamed.
• Assessing the challenges of communication
• Develop skills for conflict resolution
• Financial Planning
• Maintaining intimacy
• Lessons from a successful marriage
$150 per congregant couple; $200 per non-congregant couple
Questions? Contact Jennifer Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 751-2541 x171