Our rabbis and cantor are available to officiate at weddings of Jewish couples and interfaith couples. Interfaith couples must agree to meet the Temple's criteria for interfaith marriages.
The criteria are:
- That the couple plan to have a Jewish home and, if they have children, the children be raised as Jews;
- That they enroll in an introduction to Judaism class, preferably the one offered by Congregation Emanu-El.
- That they join a synagogue.
Our clergy do not co-officiate with clergy of another religion.
For more information please contact Svetlana Leykin at 415-751-2541 ext. 123.
It is customary to make a contribution in a couple's honor, such as to the Temple’s Lifecycle Fund.
The Chuppah and Beyond - Spring 2014
March 13, 20, 27; April 3, 10, 17
The Chuppah and Beyond is a 6-session group for engaged and newly married couples to help strengthen and deepen their relationship. In this workshop, we will practice relationship building conversations in class and through take-home exercises, to create a stronger, more loving relationship.
Our clergy will co-facilitate with Laura Firestone, MFT, a licensed psychotherapist with a private practice in Pacific Heights. Drawing on her clinical experience and research skills, she guides couples through the complexities of relationship issues so that they come to a new understanding of themselves and their relationship. Three Shabbat dinners will also be scheduled; dates to be announced.
• Assess your challenges of communication
• Develop conflict resolution skills
• Financial Planning
• Maintaining intimacy
• Lessons from a successful marriage
Space is limited to 10 couples.
Program cost (per couple)
Non member $150