Emanu-El B’Bayit Small Groups
Connect | Learn | Grow | Play | Act | Pray | Belong
2022-2023 Registration NOW CLOSED
Reach out to Sarah Balagey at [email protected] with questions.
We are so glad that you are interested in B’Bayit Groups! They are the nefesh (heartbeat) of Emanu-El. They embody the care and love our incredible congregants have for community and we are so grateful to help support. Please see below for some details, but also feel free to check out the FAQ!
- The intention of B’Bayit groups is to help folks find their community: people to go to services with, have Shabbat dinners with, build friendships with.
- These are incredible groups that form out of necessity — they embody what our community wants, because each group idea comes from one of our lay leaders.
- B’Bayit Groups are led by congregants! Each group has one or two leaders. But labor can be shared, depending on how you envision your group.
- Groups are made up of fellow congregants.
- If you want to become a leader, you have agency in developing your group! You can decide as a leader when you’d like to meet, how frequently, the format (in person/virtual/hybird), your group limit and details. You can be as niche or broad as you’d like!
- These groups are not staffed by Emanu-El. Emanu-El staff supports by promoting groups to fellow congregants, sharing monthly curriculum guides and booking space at temple if interested in booking a room. We are your first point into starting a group, but group leaders are responsible for their groups.
Scroll through our small group options below:
“When two people relate to each other, authentically and humanly, God is in the electricity that surges between them.”
— Martin Buber