B’nei Mitzvah Preparations Timeline
- Orientation/ Red Binder Meeting – Around 12 months before the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Students receive their red binder and an overview of what is to be expected in the coming year.
- Guide Rabbi – Around 12 months before the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
-We will assign students their guide rabbi via email.
- Blessings Class with Flora – 8 week course starting around 12 months before the Bar/Bat Mitzvah
- Guide Rabbi Appointments
– 7 to 8 months before the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Meet once a month (usually 30-60 minutes long depending on the appointment and rabbi). There are 3 family meetings and 4-5 one-on-one appointments.
- Hebrew Reading Coach
- After blessings class and before Torah chanting starts. 8 weeks long. Meet once a week for 30 minutes with a tutor.
- Torah Chanting Appointments
- 6 months before the Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Weekly 20 minute sessions.
Continue with Hebrew School Classes for the 7th grade year:
Ariana Estoque can answer questions about the Mitzvah Corps program.
[email protected] or 415-751-2541 ext. 307
6th & 7th Grade: Weekly Hebrew Class which is about 1 hour-1 hour 15 minutes on Sunday, Monday or Thursday.
Reminder: Students and families are required to be at the Friday night service before their Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Service this…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Sarah Parris, followed by Mourner's…
9:30 am - 11:00 am | Join us for In-Person Shabbat Morning Service in our…