ALL kids 6 and under, their adults and older siblings are welcome, free of charge. We’ll start with a simple kid’s dinner & teen-led activities at 5:00 pm in our beautiful courtyard. Then, join us in the Martin Meyer Sanctuary for a fun and community building 30-minute service from 5:30 – 6:00 pm.
You don’t need to be an Emanu-El member, know Hebrew, understand Shabbat, or be familiar with synagogues. Just come with your kids and have a good time, we’ll teach you the rest.
Registration required, preferably in advance but, if unable to register, please come and we will take your information at the gate.
To best ensure we can provide a safe and sacred experience, please note the following:
- Advance registration is required. If for any reason you are not able to register in advance, you are still welcome to attend and we will take care of registration at the gate.
- Please have your proof of vaccination and ID ready before approaching the front gate at Emanu-El. All individuals ages 5+ must show proof of vaccination. All ineligible for vaccination must provide proof of negative Covid test within 24 hours of the event.
- Masking is voluntary.
- Please review our COVID-19 on-site event protocols so you’ll know what to expect. We're so excited to welcome you back into our beautiful sanctuary.
We understand rules and norms are changing quickly. Our COVID advisory team continues to monitor legal requirements and best practices and may change requirements as the environment changes.
Join Emanu-El clergy to learn about the breadth and wonder of Jewish tradition. This class is a pathway for the adult learner who wishes to discover or deepen Jewish knowledge, non-Jews who are marrying a Jewish partner, and those who are considering conversion to Judaism. Participants register for each trimester separately.
Six Wednesday evenings, 7:00 – 9:00pm
January 18, 25; February 1, 8, 15, 22
Are you an engaged or newly married couple? Then this series is meant for you. The Chuppah and Beyond program will help you build and strengthen the foundational tools for a successful, happy lifelong relationship, while simultaneously building a community with other couples. This semester, Senior Rabbi Emeritus Stephen Pearce, DD and PhD, who earned his doctorate in counselor psychology at St. John’s University, will lead this group, while bringing in guest speakers and additional clergy. Topics covered include:
- Recognizing the challenges of communication
- Managing conflict and staying connected
- Financial Planning and differing approaches to money
- Maintaining intimacy, friendship, and commitment
- Lessons from a successful marriage
Congregant cost: $250per couple
Non-congregant cost: $350 per couple
REGISTRATION NOTE: If you have an account in our system already, please just mark yourself down as registering. Registration fees are paid in full by 1 person in the couple. Please email Ariana Estoque at [email protected] with your partner's name to be added to the registration.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Services this…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | Join Jewish young adults from around the Bay for…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | August Late ShabbatFriday, August 12th at Congregation Emanu-El 8 PM:…