Chuppah and Beyond
CHUPPAH AND BEYOND:MARRIAGE ENRICHMENT FOR ENGAGED AND NEWLY MARRIED COUPLES
Next cohort starting Fall 2020
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS—October 14 – November 18—7-9pm
Cost:Congregant cost: $200 per couple; Non-congregant cost: $300 per couple
Chuppah and Beyond is designed to help couples shape foundational tools for a successful, happy lifelong relationship, while simultaneously building community with other like-minded couples.
The classes are led by Senior Rabbi Emeritus Stephen S. Pearce, the Taube Emanu-El Scholar, who earned his doctorate in counselor psychology at St. John’s University (NY) with a specialization in marriage and family counseling. For 20 years, Dr. Pearce taught counseling and human relations at the Hebrew Union College, the rabbinical seminary of the Reform Movement. Rabbi Pearce will co-facilitate each class along members of the Temple Emanu-El clergy team and invited guests. Topics include:
- Communication, Realistic/Unrealistic Expectations, Escalating/Deescalating and Managing Conflict
- Intimacy, Honesty, and Commitment
- Money Matters and Financial Planning,
- Equality, Jealousy, Insecurity, Addictions
- Parental Models, Child Rearing, Outside Family Interference
- Building A Faith-Based Home.
- [Please bring an electronic device to the first session able to connect to the internet for an online activity.]
REGISTRATION NOTE: If you have an account in our system already, please just mark yourself down as registering. Registration fees are paid in full by 1 person in the couple. Please email your partner’s name to Ariana Estoque at [email protected]
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Ryan Bauer, followed by Mourner's…
8:00 pm - 8:30 pm | Havdalah with Eric Schoen on Facebook Live, click here.
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm | For over two years, every Sunday night Emanu-El…