Communications and Marketing Manager
Position Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Membership and Engagement Operations
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
At Congregation Emanu-El, we believe that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create stronger community, and repair the world.
We are searching for the right person to help us communicate the many ways we carry out this vision, and to ensure that all our communications and marketing materials reflect and uphold it.
Congregation Emanu-El seeks a creative, tech-savvy and self-motivated Communications and Marketing Manager with experience handling both internal and external communications and marketing. The ideal candidate will guide and implement a communications/marketing plan across all channels, including website, social media, print, eBlasts, and public relations. The ideal candidate will create fresh and innovative content that not only informs but generates excitement about the Temple for current members, potential members and the larger community. Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in new media, and a keen sense of design, are essential. Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and layout skills are required to implement the strategy. The successful candidate will manage (1) full-time staff member in the Communications and Marketing Department and oversee several freelancers and consultants.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will work closely with the Senior Director of Membership and Engagement Operations, clergy, and other staff to ensure that all of the congregation’s internal and external communications and marketing are consistent, engaging, accurate, and advance organizational priorities.
- Develop and implement an annual communications and marketing plan
- Lead the creation and publication of content across channels that engages stakeholders and leads to measurable engagement (such as volunteering, joining, and participating in programs)
- Design collateral for print, web and social media as needed to promote programming
- Oversee, edit, and/or create marketing emails, social media posts, website pages, and other communications channel content as needed
- Review and update an organization-wide style and branding guide
- Ensure the website remains fresh with current content
- Manage and strategically utilize video, audio, and still photography recording of key events
- Supervise and direct the workflow of communications requests, ensuring requests are handled in a timely fashion
- Oversee Emanu-El’s communications file archive to enhance communications and marketing efforts
- Ensure the Communications and Marketing Department is using the most effective technical tools, software, and systems, and that department staff maintains sufficient skills as the tools evolve
- Research trends in synagogues, houses of worship and nonprofits across the country and implement best practices
- Manage vendors and/or consultants involved in communications/marketing efforts
- Manage all media contacts and develop relationships with new contacts
- Build and manage a communications/marketing budget
- Moderate live Shabbat and holiday services on Facebook, YouTube and website as needed (rotation)
- Leadership skills to enhance and grow communication/marketing strategy throughout the organization
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with a keen attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Graphic design, layout design, video editing experience
- Experience preparing files for print and working with printers to order postcards, magazines, banners, etc
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and initiatives concurrently
- Commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, clergy, board, volunteers, program participants, and other supporters—a team player who can both lead and carry out the vision of other leaders when directed
- Self-starter, able to work independently
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in communications work, preferably for nonprofit or small businesses
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in CRM/database systems (Salesforce preferred), Marketing Cloud (or other email marketing software), Microsoft Office 365, WordPress, and software programs including InDesign, Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Social Media analytics
Benefits and Salary
- We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, flexible benefits plan and 403b employer match.
Congregation Emanu-El is the fifth largest Jewish Reform congregation in the United States, with 1800 households, and is the oldest Jewish congregation west of the Mississippi. Officially established in 1850, and located in a landmark temple in San Francisco, Emanu-El serves as a foundation of community life for Jews and non-Jews, for members and non-members, with innovative programs in worship, community and education that span the cycles and events of life.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
4:00 pm - 11:59 pm | This event is limited to 10 students in 6th/7th grade.Register…
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm | Hebrew 102 (Second trimester for beginners) with Yaffa TygielTuesday…
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm | KOLEINU - Hear Our VoicesHome: Songs of Longing and…