YFE COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
Staying Safe: COVID-19 updates for health and safety guidelines.
Jun 3, 2022
We do expect that all participating YFE students be immunized with the “traditional” vaccines. We have many families in our programs with new babies or toddlers, who because of their age, are not yet immunized or not fully immunized. These children would be put at risk by non-immunized participants. If you feel that your family has an exception to this expectation, please contact Shanah Kushner. We encourage eligible students to get the Covid vaccine if possible. As of this writing, all students and teachers will be expected to wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. This is subject to change. All of our teaching staff who are medically able will have their Covid vaccinations.
- We will continue to collect vaccination cards. If you have not already submitted your child’s vaccination card, please send a picture to [email protected].
The information below was last updated on May 13, 2022.
Congregation Emanu-El continues to strive to maintain an environment that promotes the health and well-being of our congregants, employees, and those who visit our synagogue. As part of this effort, we consistently take into account congregant feedback, the latest evidence about COVID-19, and recommendations from our COVID-19 Advisory Team. We ask that you follow these policies and procedures, which will be updated to reflect the most current best practices. As updated guidance is available, we will be prepared to make appropriate changes, while always prioritizing your safety and upholding our Jewish value of pikuach nefesh, to preserve individual and communal health.
Thank you for following these rules to help keep you and others in our community healthy and safe.
If you are experiencing hardship and need support or pastoral care, be in touch at [email protected] or leave a message on the main temple phone line at 415-751-2535 and someone will reach out to you.
In-Person Temple Event Policies (effective 5/13/2022)
Please note the following:
- Advance registration is required. If for any reason you are not able to register in advance, you are still welcome to attend and we will take care of registration at the gate.
- At this time, masks are required for services taking place indoors at Emanu-El. Masks are not required for outdoor events, including in the courtyard.
- Full vaccination status is required for those eligible when participating in our programs (including booster for those eligible). Consistent with city, state, CDC and other public health authority guidance, COVID-19 vaccines are the most important and effective tool in preventing COVID-19 disease, especially severe illness and death. Per updated SFDPH guidelines, a fully vaccinated individual means:
- The individual is two weeks past completing the full initial course of vaccines AND
- One week past receiving a booster of any type, once eligible for a booster.
- Please have your proof of vaccination and ID ready before approaching the front gate at Emanu-El.
- For those ineligible for vaccination (including children under 5) testing is required within 72 hours of the event (rapid antigen or PCR). Please be prepared to show proof of negative test upon entry.
- All clergy have been vaccinated and are routinely tested. During services and lifecycle events, all those on the bimah may unmask.
Please do not enter the premises – even if fully vaccinated – if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, chills, or repeated shaking/shivering
- Cough, sore throat
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Feeling unusually weak or fatigued
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain, headache (more than usual)
- Runny nose or congested nose
- A temperature over 100 degrees
You can now watch our weekly Shabbat services from the comfort of your own home. Visit our livestreaming page to tune in. You can also view services on the temple’s Facebook page (you don’t need a Facebook account to participate).
COVID-19 and its variants are an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact.
Participating in Emanu-El’s programs or accessing Emanu-El’s facilities could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. Emanu-El does not warrant that any parties are vaccinated, and the fact that some or all parties are vaccinated does not eliminate risks. Emanu-El in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in Emanu-El’s programs or facilities. To help reduce these risks, all visitors to Emanu-El and those participating in Emanu-El programs must follow our safety protocols. However, these protocols will not eliminate risk, and you should not participate or visit unless you accept the risks.
We appreciate your understanding, adherence to the above expectations, and respecting the different attitudes of members. If you have questions when attending one of our events onsite, please direct them to our security team at the gate, who will connect you with the appropriate staff person. If you have questions about general COVID protocols, contact Nika Greenberg, Director of Business Operations, at [email protected].
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Services this…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | Join Jewish young adults from around the Bay for…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | August Late ShabbatFriday, August 12th at Congregation Emanu-El 8 PM:…