Temple membership for July 2021-June 2022 must be renewed first in order to register for YFE programs, please login to MyEmanuEl to renew your membership
YFE 2021-2022 Tuition chart
|Preschool: Sunday Kadimah/outdoor (child must be 4 years old by Sept 30th) – at capacity||$1,950|
|Kindergarten: Sunday Kesher/indoor||$1,050|
| Kindergarten: Sunday Kadimah/outdoor – at capacity
|1st & 2nd: Sunday Kesher/indoor or Wednesday Kesher/indoor||$1,050|
|1st & 2nd: Sunday Kadimah/outdoor – at capacity||$1,950|
|3rd: Sunday Kesher/indoor or Wednesday Kesher/indoor||$1,050|
|3rd: Sunday B’hootz/outdoor (now Kadimah) – 3 spots left||$1,950|
|4th & 5th: Sunday Kesher/indoor or Wednesday Kesher/indoor||$1,450|
|4th & 5th: Sunday B’hootz/outdoor – at capacity||$1,950|
|6th & 7th||$1,450|
|8th – 11th||$700|
*You’ll note different fees for the outdoor program. The outdoor pathway costs more to run, so we are asking for a higher fee. If this fee presents a hardship, please speak to us about financial assistance. We do not want anyone to be turned away from the pathway best suited to them because of cost.
*Congregation Emanu-El does not charge a Mitzvah fee, as the costs are rolled into 4-7th grade tuition. Prices above include all teachers, books, materials, snacks, and Hebrew classes. Tuition also covers Mitzvah preparation meetings with Hebrew Reading Coach, Chanting Coach, Clergy, and family support throughout the process.
*Families who do not take advantage of our Hebrew classes or any other part of our program do not get discounts.
- A full refund of student fees already paid will be given to any family that withdraws from the Youth and Family Education Kesher program, 6th and 7th grades, program or the 8th -12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Program prior to October 29. We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal.
- Any family that withdraws after October 29 will receive a pro-rated refund of student fees already paid. The refund will be calculated as a percentage of the number of remaining sessions versus the total number of sessions. (Example: There are 26 Sunday morning sessions. If a family with a child in the 4th grade withdraws after 12 sessions, the refund would be for 14 sessions). We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal. Please note that because the programs in the outdoor pathway cost more to run, refunds (pro-rated and otherwise) will not be given.
- Any family that withdraws after February 28 will not receive a refund.
- There is an additional fee for families registering for Tuesday Hebrew classes in Marin. Because classrooms will be rented based on registration numbers, and rentals are paid in advance for the year, these fees cannot be discounted or refunded.
- There is an additional fee for families registering for the outdoor pathway (Kadimah/B’hootz). Because the cost of these programs is higher, these fees cannot be discounted or refunded.
LATE ENROLLMENT POLICY
- There is no discount for enrolling after the beginning of the school year and before January. Full fees are due.
- Any family that chooses to enroll their child in in January will receive a 50% discount on fees.
- Families interested in enrolling their children after July 20 should still register using the registration portal and will be informed about whether there is a spot for their child.
- Families interested in enrolling their children after January will be handled on a case-by-case basis. In general, these families are encouraged to wait until the following school year unless the student has already been enrolled in a Jewish educational program at another synagogue that year.
Please note: We understand that this school year is unique in many ways, and our goal is to be flexible and inclusive and to work with you to ensure your comfort level.
Program Start Dates
Sunday Morning Program: Sunday, Sept 12
- Preschool-2nd grade: Kadimah (outdoor pathway) 9 am – 1 pm
- 3rd-5th grade: B’hootz (outdoor pathway) 9 am – 1 pm
- Kindergarten-5th grade Kesher (indoor pathway) 9 am – 11:45 am
Wednesday Afternoon Program: Wednesday, Sept 22: 4:00-6:30 pm
4th-7th Grade Hebrew Program
- Sunday: Sept 12: 1-2 pm
- Monday: Sept 13: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
- Tuesday Marin: Sept 14: 3:30-4:30 pm or 4:45-5:45 pm
- Thursday: Sept 16: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
8th – 12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Classes (TEF)
- Opening session for ALL 8th & 10th grade students is Sunday, September 19 from 10:30 am –12:00 pm. Opening session for ALL 9th & 11th grade students is Sunday, September 26 from 10:30 am –12:00 pm. Opening session for ALL 12th grade students is TBD. All other 8th-11th classes will be held on alternate Sundays, 10:30 am –12:00 pm.
- MIT is our educational leadership training program for 8th graders wishing to work in YFE programs. Students in the MIT program participate every Sunday from 9:00-11:45 am.
We are in the process of developing health and safety guidelines which will be posted here.
We do expect that all participating YFE students be immunized with the “traditional” vaccines. We have many families in our programs with new babies or toddlers, who because of their age, are not yet immunized or not fully immunized. These children would be put at risk by non-immunized participants. If you feel that your family has an exception to this expectation, please contact Flora Kupferman. We encourage eligible students to get the Covid vaccine if possible. As of this writing, all students and teachers will be expected to wear a mask indoors, regardless of vaccination status. This is subject to change. All of our teaching staff who are medically able will have their Covid vaccinations.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Service this…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Sarah Joselow Parris, followed by…
10:00 am - 11:00 am | A Zoom seminar - " The Spiritual Teachings of…