Temple membership for July 2020-June 2021 must be renewed first in order to register for YFE programs, please login to MyEmanuEl
Youth and Family Education Tuition:
• PreK-3rd $990 (For Preschool enrollment, your child must be 4 y.o. by Sept 30th)
• 4th-7th $1390
• 8th-11th $650
• 12th $500
*Congregation Emanu-El does not charge a B’nei Mitzvah fee, as the costs are rolled into 4-7th grade tuition. Prices above include all teachers, books, materials, snacks, & Hebrew classes. It also covers B’nei Mitzvah preparation meetings with Clergy, Hebrew Reading Coach, Shabbat Experience, and chanting coach.
*Families who do not take advantage of our Hebrew classes or any other part of our program do not get discounts.
- A full refund of student fees already paid will be given to any family that withdraws from the Youth and Family Education program or The 8th -12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Program prior to Oct 26. We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal.
- Any family that withdraws after Oct 26 will receive a pro-rated refund of student fees already paid. The refund will be calculated as a percentage of number of remaining sessions versus the total number of sessions. (Example: 26 Sunday morning sessions. If a family with a child in the 4th grade withdraws after 12 sessions, the refund would be for 14 sessions). We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal.
- Any family that withdraws after February will not receive a refund.
- There is an additional fee for families registering for Tuesday Hebrew classes in Marin. Because classrooms will be rented based on registration numbers, and rentals are paid upfront for the year, these fees cannot be discounted or refunded.
LATE ENROLLMENT POLICY
- There is no discount for enrolling after the beginning of the school year and before January. Full fees are due.
- Any family that chooses to enroll their child in in January will receive a 50% discount on fees.
- Families interested in enrolling their children after January will be handled on a case-by-case basis. In general, these families are encouraged to wait until the following school year unless the student has already been enrolled in a Jewish educational program at another synagogue that year.
Please note: We understand that this school year is unique in many ways, and our goal is to be flexible and inclusive and to work with you to ensure your comfort level.
Program Start Dates (All times are based on a virtual school opening. As we move into the building for classes, we will keep you posted regarding any adjustments)
Sunday Morning Program: Sunday, Sept 13:
Preschool-2nd grade: T’fillah 9-9:45 am, Classes 10-11 am
3rd-6th grade: T’fillah 10-10:45 am, Classes 11 am-12 pm
7th grade: T’fillah 10-10:45 am, Classes 12-1 pm
- Wednesday Afternoon Program: Wednesday, Sept 16: 4:00-6:00 pm
4th-7th Grade Hebrew Program
- Sunday: Sept 13: 1-2 pm
- Monday: Sept 14: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
- Tuesday Marin: Sept 15: 3:30-4:30 pm or 4:45-5:45 pm
- Thursday: Sept 17: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
8th – 12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Classes (TEF)
- Opening session for ALL 8th-12th grade students is Sunday, September 13 from 11 am-12 pm. All other classes for 8-11th grades will be held on alternate Sundays, 11 am-12 pm, 12th grade will meet on Tuesdays 5-6pm (see full calendar for listed dates).
- MIT is our educational leadership training program for 8th graders wishing to work in YFE programs. This program is not included on the online registration forms, but these families have received an email with the application. If you would like this information, please let us know.
All YFE programs expect that participating students be immunized (not including any future COVID vaccinations at this time). We have many families in our programs with new babies or toddlers, who because of their age, are not yet immunized or not fully immunized. These children would be put at risk by non-immunized participants. If you feel that your family has an exception to this expectation, please contact our YFE Acting Director, Flora Kupferman.
YFE Acting Director
9:00 am - 9:30 am | Family worship service led in a participatory, educational style…
10:00 am - 11:30 am | Led by Rabbi Jonathan Singer and Rabbi Sarah Joselow…
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Community service led by our teens and alumni who…