Temple membership for July 2021-June 2022 MUST be renewed first in order to register for YFE programs, please login to MyEmanuEl
Since the guidelines for schools and gatherings in the fall are still unclear, and the situation will probably be fluid and changing, we will remain flexible. These are the YFE principles for 2020-21:
- Judaism No Matter What – We will offer Jewish educational opportunities for your children as we shelter in place and as we venture out into whatever the new normal will be.
- No Over-promising – We will be as transparent as we possibly can as we move forward with our planning, and we won’t tell you that we’re doing things that we can’t.
- Health and Safety is Only Everything – We will keep your family’s health and safety in the forefront of everything we do, and if we have to change our plans, it will be for health and safety reasons.
- Phase one: The most likely scenario is that the school year will begin virtually with both larger T’fillah gatherings and smaller grade level classes. Our goal is to provide interesting and engaging learning experiences using online platforms and follow-up activities to do at home between classes.
- Phase two soft opening: When it’s safe to have people in the building, lead teachers will work with small groups in the temple, and the rest of the students will participate on Zoom, with the additional teachers on the team leading small group discussions and activities in break-out rooms.
- Phase three: When everything eventually “goes back to normal”, we will do that too.
Program Start Dates:
- Sunday Morning Program: Sunday, Sept 13
Preschool-2nd grade: T’fillah 9-9:45 am, Classes 10-11 am
3rd-6th grade: T’fillah 10-10:45 am, Classes 11 am-12 pm
7th grade: T’fillah 10-10:45 am, Classes 12-1 pm
- Wednesday Afternoon Program: Wednesday, Sept 16 (4-6 pm)
4th – 7th Grade Hebrew Program
Sunday: Sept 13: 1-2 pm
Monday: Sept 14: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
Tuesday Marin: Sept 15: 3:30-4:30 pm or 4:45-5:45 pm
Thursday: Sept 17: 4:15-5:30 pm or 5:15-6:30 pm
8th – 12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Classes (TEF)
- Opening session for ALL 8th-12th grade students is Sunday, September 13 from 11 am-12 pm. All other classes will be held on alternate Sundays, 11 am-12 pm.
- MIT is our educational leadership training program for 8th graders wishing to work in YFE programs. This program is not included on the online registration forms, but these families have received an email with the application. If you would like this information, please let us know.
Looking for art projects for your family, click on the Parent Resource page.
YFE Staff: Who to Contact
NATALYA GOMES: [email protected]
FLORA KUPFERMAN: [email protected]
SHANAH KUSHNER: [email protected]
TORI LAGHI-STARKS: [email protected]
LAUREN SCHULLER: [email protected]
Youth and Family Education
Two Lake Street, San Francisco, CA 94118
Telephone: (415) 751-2535 Fax: (415) 751-2511
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Jonathan Singer, followed by Mourner's…
11:45 am - 1:30 pm | Men of Congregation Emanu-El have a monthly opportunity to…
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm | Tikun Le’il Shavuot - A Night of Learning In Celebration of the…