Back to Shul Shabbat Service – (8/19/2022)
Congregation Emanu-El, 2 Lake Street, San Francisco, CA
Join us for In-Person Back to Shul Shabbat Services this Friday, August 19th at 6:00 pm!
Meet – Pray – Nosh
Our beloved annual “Back to Shul Shabbat” provides an opportunity for current congregants, their friends, and potential members to welcome in Shabbat and to check in with one another after a summer that hopefully included some rest and travel. We encourage everyone in the congregation, of all ages, to join us for services followed by dinner in the courtyard (or sanctuary foyer, depending on the weather) just for the sake of being together. We hope congregants will bring friends of all ages, genders, colors and religions to share Shabbat with us. We also love to welcome those who are curious and might want to consider Temple membership. Especially since Covid, we do not take for granted our opportunities to find joy in our community.
5:00pm – Courtyard Program Fair (Meet)
6:00pm – Shabbat Service (Pray)
7:00pm – Dinner in the courtyard: (Schmooze and Nosh)
To best ensure we can provide a safe and sacred experience, please note the following:
- Advance registration is required. If for any reason you are not able to register in advance, you are still welcome to attend and we will take care of registration at the gate.
- Please have your proof of vaccination and ID ready before approaching the front gate at Emanu-El. All individuals ages 5+ must show proof of vaccination. All ineligible for vaccination must provide proof of negative Covid test within 72 hours of the event.
- Masks are required for services taking place, indoors, at Emanu-El. During services and lifecycle events, all those on the bimah may unmask.
- Masks are not required for outdoor events, including the courtyard.
- Please review our COVID-19 on-site event protocols so you’ll know what to expect. We're so excited to welcome you back into our beautiful sanctuary.
We understand rules and norms are changing quickly. Our COVID advisory team continues to monitor legal requirements and best practices and may change requirements as the environment changes.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Services this…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | Join Jewish young adults from around the Bay for…
8:00 pm - 11:00 pm | August Late ShabbatFriday, August 12th at Congregation Emanu-El 8 PM:…