B’nei Mitzvah – Date Setting Meeting – 20180501
2 Lake Street, San Francisco, CA
This is a test
We are inviting you to begin the Bar/Bat Mitzvah process with your family.
- When: Tuesday, September 6th 2016
- Place & Time: Guild Hall from 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Who: You and your child are invited to meet for our B’nei Mitzvah Date Setting Meeting for all students born between September 2006 to December 2006. This will be the only meeting for students with birthdates in this range.
- RSVP Deadline: Tuesday, August 30th, 2016
During the meeting, families will be asked to list their preferences for dates and sanctuary (Martin Meyer or Main). I urge you to take a moment to discuss these preferences with your child in anticipation of the meeting.
Prior to the meeting, please bear in mind:
- Complete information regarding the B’nei Mitzvah program, featuring many resources and tools can be found at: https://www.emanuelsf.org/learning/bar-bat-mitzvah/. We encourage you to look at this site before attending the meeting.
- We highly recommend that you attend at least two Bar or Bat Mitzvah Shabbat morning ceremonies at Temple Emanu-El. One should be in the Main Sanctuary and one should be in the Martin Meyer Sanctuary. These services are public and open to all, and of course, no one ever needs an invitation.
- We are a large Congregation. If your family has an interest in sharing a Bar/Bat Mitzvah ceremony with another family whose child has a birth date later than December 2006, both families can come to this meeting. Please let the other family know as they will not have received this invitation. The Bar/Bat Mitzvah date will be scheduled after the thirteenth birthday of the younger child. Families opting to share a Bar/Bat Mitzvah will receive first priority when choosing dates.
- Our Congregation features an annual inter-generational tour to Israel in June. If you would like to celebrate your child’s Bar or Bat Mitzvah in Israel as part of this trip, rather than at Temple Emanu-El, this is another option to consider.
- Remember that your family must be members of the Congregation and current in all of your financial obligations in order to reserve a date for a Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebration at Temple Emanu-El.
Please RSVP using this form by Tuesday, August 30th, 2016. If you have questions, please contact Brittany Youngman, our B’nei Mitzvah Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-751-2541, Ext. 316.
Rabbi Bauer Flora Kupferman Brittany Youngman
Assistant Director of Youth Education B’nei Mitzvah Coordinator