Camp Newman Shabbat
4088 Porter Creek Road, Santa Rosa, California
Shabbat is one of the most magical times at URJ Camp Newman. As a community, we gather together to sing, pray, eat, dance and celebrate our Jewish tradition amid the startling beauty of our Santa Rosa hills and the setting sun. It’s a powerful and tranformative evening – when our community feels the most ruach, or spirit, when the bonds between our campers grow even stronger, and when Shabbat as a practice comes alive. We invite you to be a part of it!
Friday – Shabbat – TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
- 4:00 p.m. Arrive at Camp
- 4:30 p.m. Tour of Camp
- 5:00 p.m. Director’s Reception
- 5:45 p.m. Kabbalat Shabbat / Staff and Guest Circle
- 6:00 p.m. Shabbat Services
- 7:00 p.m. Dinner, Singing, and Dancing
- 9:30 p.m. Laila Tov
What to wear On Shabbat (Friday evening only)
To make Shabbat really special, we wear the color white when we join as a camp community.
- Pants or Shorts – White or Khaki preferred
- Shirt – White is preferred
- Dress or Skirt – Mostly white preferred
- Shoes – REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES AT CAMP! Solid Sandals or closed-toed shoes are best for our uneven terrain. NO FLIP-FLOPS. Camp is very firm about this rule. Your shoes MUST cover your toes and/or be securely strapped to your foot.
To register: http://campnewman.org/summer-camp/visitors/friends-of-camp-2/
If you have any questions about this event or with registration, please email email@example.com.