Elul Shabbat Services (Elul Siddur/Shofar blowing)
Congregation Emanu-El, 2 Lake Street, San Francisco, CA
Join us for In-Person Friday Night Elul Shabbat Services this Friday, September 2nd at 6:00 pm!
Led by Rabbi Jason Rodich with Cantor Marsha Attie.
For the month of Elul we are using a special prayerbook.
To best ensure we can provide a safe and sacred experience, please note the following:
- Advance registration is required. If for any reason you are not able to register in advance, you are still welcome to attend and we will take care of registration at the gate.
- Please have your proof of vaccination and ID ready before approaching the front gate at Emanu-El. All individuals ages 5+ must show proof of vaccination. All ineligible for vaccination must provide proof of negative Covid test within 72 hours of the event.
- Masks are required for services taking place, indoors, at Emanu-El. During services and lifecycle events, all those on the bimah may unmask.
- Masks are not required for outdoor events, including the courtyard.
- Please review our COVID-19 on-site event protocols so you’ll know what to expect. We're so excited to welcome you back into our beautiful sanctuary.
We understand rules and norms are changing quickly. Our COVID advisory team continues to monitor legal requirements and best practices and may change requirements as the environment changes.
If you would like to have your own Elul Prayerbook, Mishkan HaLev, you can order a hard copy or kindle version here.
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with a member of our Clergy, followed…
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm | Sounds of the Shofar: Children’s Erev Rosh HaShanah ServiceLed…
5:30 pm - 7:15 pm | Join us in-person for Opening The Gates: Erev Rosh…