Germany Close Up Q & A with Rabbi Rodich (In-Person)
2 Lake St., San Francisco, California
If you have any questions about the upcoming trip to Germany with Rabbi Jason Rodich, please join us for a Q & A Session in Person to discuss!
We will meet at Emanu-El on March 11th before our Young Adult Late Shabbat from 7:00-8:00 pm.
Germany Close Up
A most beloved program, Germany Close Up is back! A trip for young American Jews run by the German government with the goal to explore the country and experience German culture. This is an incredible opportunity to join Rabbi Jason Rodich on the journey of a lifetime!
The program will focus on the following topics:
- Berlin and united Germany
- The Holocaust and the Nazi Era (incl. a visit to a former Concentration Camp)
- Transatlantic/German-American relations (incl. a meeting with officials of the German Federal Foreign Office)
- Current German Politics
- Jewish Life in Berlin, past and present
- German-Israeli relations
- Visit to a city outside of Berlin
Germany Close Up Policy:
- 20-25 participants in the program
- Applicants will be selected by Germany Close Up in consultation with Emanu-El
- Each applicant needs to be 21-39 years old at the time of the trip!
- Jewish (according to the Reform movement)
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
We love and adore all of our members, including those who don’t fit these criteria. This policy is set by the funders in Germany and is not flexible.
Please check our website for more background information on Germany Close-Up!
4:00 pm - 11:59 pm | This event is limited to 10 students in 6th/7th grade.Register…
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm | Hebrew 102 (Second trimester for beginners) with Yaffa TygielTuesday…
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm | KOLEINU - Hear Our VoicesHome: Songs of Longing and…