Hebrew Grammar of the Hebrew Bible
Five Summer Zoom Sessions
Judaism through the Hebrew Grammar of the Hebrew Bible
Led by Emanu-El Scholar, Rabbi Lawrence Kushner
Five Shabbat mornings, 10:00-11:30am (with a 15 minute break)
Students are requested to leave their zoom videos “on” throughout.
(This is intended to be a participatory and spiritual group learning)
PDF’s of each sessions materials will be E-mailed in advance.
Each session we will read a few verses from the weekly parashot and use them as an opportunity to: Practice Hebrew reading skills; review the basics of Hebrew grammar; and examine the religious thought of the TaNaKH
- June 20 Introduction to the L’shon haQodesh / Shelach Lecha / Korah
- July 4 Particles / Hukkah-Balak / Pinhas
- July 18 Verbs in Qal / Mattot-Masey / Tisha b’Av / Devarim
- August 1 Verbs in Piel and Hifil / V’etchanan / Ekev
- August 15 Nouns / Re’eh / Shoeftim
The names, sounds and order of the letters of the Hebrew alphabet.
The Koren TaNaKH (NOT Hebrew-English ed.)
the Debbie Friedman “Alphabet song”
The Reuven Alcalay Hebrew-English Dictionary
12:00 am - 12:00 am |
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 4…
6:00 pm - 6:45 pm | Shabbat service led by Rabbi Jonathan Singer and Cantor…