Extended Day Care Teacher
San Francisco, CA
Congregation Emanu-El’s preschool is seeking a teacher for our extended daycare (EDC) program. The EDC teachers are is responsible for developing and delivering high-quality curriculum and supervision for children enrolled in the extended day program at Temple Emanu-El Preschool. This position shifts daily based on enrollment and activities for the children. Although the hours can be somewhat flexible, the desired shifts are 12-4 pm or 1-6 pm daily.
Congregation Emanu-El Preschool is on a journey to become a model Jewish preschool which upholds contemporary best practices in the field of early childhood education. We use an inquiry-based approach to learning where teachers and children co-construct curriculum that is grounded in Jewish culture and traditions while interweaving developmentally appropriate curriculum. Teacher research and pedagogical documentation are central to our work as are responsive and reflective teaching practices.
- Teach in the mixed-age extended day program daily
- Collaborate with co-teacher to develop ongoing inquiry-based projects and activities for EDC with an emphasis on art, music, and movement
- Collaborate with supervisor to plan enrichment activities i.e. PlayBall, Science etc.
- Ensure daily detailed communication with parents in-person and through e-mail
- Collaborate with co-teacher to create and send bi-weekly e-mail to EDC parents
- Facilitate communication between AM and PM teachers re: children’s well-being and daily experience
- Track daily attendance and sign-in/out in EDC
- Cover teacher’s breaks in morning program
- Maintain and implement procedures to ensure the health and safety of the children ensuring they are under supervision at all times.
- Keep records on each child, to include weekly and monthly attendance sheets, accident log, developmental growth, conference records and notes home.
- Assume an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff.
- Create and work towards mutually agreed upon goals of an annual professional growth plan set with supervisor.
- Attend all staff meetings and be accountable for all information disbursed at such meetings and in written format.
- Participate in recommended professional development programs and in-service workshops and other opportunities for professional growth.
- Establish and maintain positive, professional, and effective communication and supportive ties with children, staff, parents, and third-party consultants to meet the individual needs of children and their families which establish a partnership between school and home for the child.
- Understand, and articulate the philosophy of the school.
- Assist in public relations and community building events sponsored by the school.
- Act as a model for aides and assistant teachers and mentor their training and development. Give clear directions and feedback to assistants regularly.
- Communicate clearly and appropriately with fellow staff members, School Director, assistant director, and other staff within the temple; work in cooperation and with respect for fellow staff members.
- Maintain professional standards and conduct and positive work ethic.
- Respect confidentiality of school-related information.
- Perform other duties, as requested by supervisor.
- BA degree in child development, early childhood education or related field plus 12 units of ECE
- Minimum of two years teaching in an early childhood program
- Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, includes individual health care and other benefits.
To inquire, please contact Director of Early Childhood Education, Nika Greenberg, at [email protected]
8:45 am - 9:45 am | There are three kinds of stories: “’Ha ha’ stories to…
9:00 am - 9:30 am | Family worship service led in a participatory, educational style.…
10:00 am - 11:30 am | Led by Rabbi Jason Rodich and Rabbi Ryan Bauer.…