FRONT DESK OFFICER
Congregation Emanu-El, a Reform Jewish synagogue with over 2,000 households, located in San Francisco near the beautiful Presidio, is looking for a full-time Front Desk Officer (FDO). As the FDO, you will be the first point of contact for our organization. You will welcome and direct people to their meetings, classes, programs and, at times, be the first face people see when they are in need of pastoral care before meeting with a member of our clergy.
Tasks will include, but are not be limited to: greeting visitors, either in person or on the phone; answering inquires; referring people to program directors and helping individuals navigate our website. You will assist with administrative support across the organization, maintain the daily events schedule, print letters, generate Salesforce reports and take care of mail processing.
A successful Front Desk Officer will have a cheerful disposition and a customer service outlook. You should be able to deal with times of high stress as well as times of slow work flow. You will be able to manage office operations, multitask and pay attention to detail. This role will also require a helpful and calm attitude in case of emergency. Ultimately, the Front Desk Officer’s duties and responsibilities are to ensure that Congregation Emanu-El’s guests are welcomed and that all administrative tasks are executed to the highest quality standards.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a customer service position.
- Familiarity with Judaism or Jewish traditions.
- Skilled communicator with the capacity to interact with a wide array of individuals.
- Proven record of accomplishing administrative tasks, and the ability to multi-task and remain calm in stressful situations.
- Possess good judgement and a keen awareness of other people’s needs.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite; familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
Competitive salary and benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible benefits plan and 403b employer match.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for Limited In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Service…
9:00 am - 10:15 am | Please join us for Shabbat morning service in our…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Leo Fuchs, followed by Mourner's Kaddish…