Germany Close Up
A most beloved program, Germany Close Up, is back!
Join your fellow Young Adults on a trip for young American Jews run by a Berlin-based NGO and sponsored by the German government with the goal to explore the country and experience German culture. This is an incredible opportunity to join Rabbi Jason Rodich on the journey of a lifetime!
The program will focus on the following topics:
- Berlin and united Germany
- The Holocaust and the Nazi Era (including a visit to a former Concentration Camp)
- Transatlantic/German-American relations (including a meeting with officials of the German Federal Foreign Office)
- Current German Politics
- Jewish Life in Berlin, past and present
- German-Israeli relations
- Visit to a city outside of Berlin
- Space is limited.
- Applicants will be selected by Germany Close Up in consultation with Emanu-El.
- Each applicant needs to be 21-42 years old at the time of the trip!
- Applicants are required to be Jewish (according to the Reform movement).
- A citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada.
We love and adore all of our members, including those who don’t fit these criteria. This policy is set by the funders in Germany and is not flexible.
Trip Postponed, please check back for the next opportunity!
In order to complete your application, please have the following documents ready to attach as a single PDF file:
- Cover letter
- A 500-word statement outlining your interest in the program
- One letter of recommendation (from a person outside of Emanu-El) — please choose someone that can speak to your candidacy to this program and ability to contribute to a positive group dynamic.
Please contact David Wolk for more information.