Community Support DRAFT
How You Can Help
Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS): Apply to be a volunteer, or call 415-449-3807. During a time when many feel helpless, JFCS offers safe opportunities for Emergency Service Volunteers. This includes:
- Phone calls to isolated home-bound seniors through JFCS’ Safe At Home program.
- Purchasing and delivering groceries, including special Passover Care Packages, to Holocaust survivors, other frail seniors, and homebound disabled adults.
The American Red Cross: Sign up to donate blood. The Red Cross is facing a severe blood shortage due to the large number of blood drive cancellations.
Institute on Aging: Sign up as a volunteer, then their team will reach out as a need arises. Trained volunteers at the Friendship Line make and receive calls to and from individuals who are either in crisis or just in need of a compassionate voice and listening ear.
If You Need Help
Many community organizations remain open to provide assistance during this time:
Jewish Family and Children’s Services staff are first responders during this pandemic emergency. If you or someone you care about needs help, please call the JFCS Bay Area Critical Help Line at 415.449.3700.
- Families and adults – For assistance, please call 415.449.1212
- Emergency counseling assistance is offered to help cope with this emergency.
- JFCS Food Banks are well stocked and open. Groceries and supplies will be delivered as needed in all regions.
- Counseling, consultation, and advice services are available by phone, video conference, or in-person.
- Parents – For assistance, please call 415.359.2443
- Clinical counseling continues to be offered by phone, video conference, or in-person, to answer questions and help children and parents cope with this crisis.
- Online workshops are available to help parents understand how to best help their children with the added anxiety that they are experiencing.
Hebrew Free Loan offers interest-free, emergency bridge loans to help Jewish individuals and families in Northern California cover their living expenses during difficult and uncertain times. If you’re having trouble making ends meet because of the effects of Coronavirus, including childcare costs when schools are closed, small business losses, cancelled study abroad programs, and lost wages because you can’t go into work, they may be able to help.
Bay Area Jewish Healing Center provides spiritual care in these times of pandemic.
Shalom Bayit offers counseling and direct support to battered women and their children in the Jewish community.
Crisis Text Line is for older teens or young adults.
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Jonathan Singer, followed by Mourner's…
10:00 am - 11:00 am | VIRTUAL TORAH: Back to Basics with Emanu-El Scholar, Rabbi…
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm | Stream in to this worship service, in a participatory,…