The Israel Action Committee fulfills one of Congregation Emanu-El’s Core Missions of strengthening the connection of our members to the State of Israel and worldwide Jewry.
Israel Action Committee (IAC) Mission Statement
We are a committee of Temple Emanu-El formed to increase the engagement of our congregation and the wider community with the State of Israel, through education, celebration and involvement. The committee presents Israel related programs that include political, cultural, social, economic and religious interests. The IAC promotes:
- connection with Israelis, including those from our community who have made aliya and those who are living here.
- student visits to Israel whether from our children in day school, our b’nai mitzvah students, those in college and those eligible for BirthRight.
- inspire active support of the progressive Jewish Movement in Israel including: synagogues, schools, and kibbutzim.
- foster the celebration of Yom Ha’Atzmaut – Israel Independence Day throughout the Temple, including our Youth and Family Education Program and our Congregation Emanu-El Preschool.
- create an atmosphere where our members can engage passionately and respectfully about their views, perspectives, hopes and dreams for the State of Israel.
For more information about the Israel Action Committee, please contact Alexa Asher at [email protected]
Sunday, January 22nd, 9:30 – 11:00 am
Is Israel the Next Middle East Energy Powerhouse? – A presentation from NewMed Energy’s CEO, Yossi Abu.
“Moses dragged us for 40 years through the desert to bring us to the one place in the Middle East where there was no oil” – Golda Meir.
NewMed Energy — Israel’s leading energy partnership in the exploration and sale of natural gas—is changing the narrative.
NewMed Energy’s natural gas discovery has altered the course of history and fostered unprecedented agreements with Egypt, Jordan, and the UAE. NewMed Energy has been a critical partner in almost every gas discovery made in the last thirty years.
Please join us as we explore the potential of Israel as an energy powerhouse and how its reshaping political and economic ties within the region.
Registration is required. Please click here to register
A zoom link will be sent out in the days leading up to the event.
Wednesday, March 8th – Exact Time TBA
Bret Stephens in-person at Congregation Emanu-El
The Israel Action Committee is honored to host award-winning journalist and commentator Bret Stephens. Mr. Stephens is an opinion-columnist for the New York Times and a senior contributor to NBC News. He joined The Times after a long career with The Wall Street Journal, where he was most recently deputy editorial page editor and, for 11 years, a foreign affairs columnist. Before that, he was editor in chief of The Jerusalem Post. He was the recipient of the 2013 Pulitzer Prize for Commentary. Mr. Stephens is also the author of “America in Retreat: The New Isolationism and the Coming Global Disorder,” released in November 2014.
Israel at 75! Celebrate Yom Ha’atzmaut with Emanu-El
Exact dates and events to be updated soon!
Check out our latest webinars:
Rabbi Gilad Kariv in Conversation with Rabbi Jonathan Singer
Israel’s Weizmann Institute Satellite: ULTRASAT
Ethiopian Jews: Our Overlooked Brethren – Helping to Bring Those Remaining, Home to Zion
A Thank You message from the Jewish compound in Gondar, Ethiopia