YFE Registration 2019-2020
Temple membership for 2019-2020 must be renewed first in order to register for YFE programs, please login to MyEmanuEl
Youth and Family Education Tuition:
• PreK-3rd $990 (For Preschool enrollment, your child must be 4 y.o. by Sept 30th)
• 4th-7th $1390
• 8th-11th $650
• 12th $500
*A $150 late fee will be added to returning students enrolling after August 1.
*Congregation Emanu-El does not charge a B’nei Mitzvah fee, as the costs are rolled into 4-7th grade tuition. Prices above include all teachers, books, materials, snacks, & Hebrew classes. It also covers B’nei Mitzvah preparation meetings with Clergy, Hebrew Reading Coach, Shabbat Experience, and chanting coach.
*Families who do not take advantage of our Hebrew classes or any other part of our program do not get discounts.
- A full refund of student fees already paid will be given to any family that withdraws from the Youth and Family Education program or The 8th -12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Program prior to Oct 21. We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal.
- Any family that withdraws after Oct 21 will receive a pro-rated refund of student fees already paid. The refund will be calculated as a percentage of number of remaining sessions versus the total number of sessions. (Example: 26 Sunday morning sessions. If a family with a child in the 4th grade withdraws after 12 sessions, the refund would be for 14 sessions). We must receive written documentation of the withdrawal.
- Any family that withdraws after February will not receive a refund.
- There is an additional fee for families registering for Tuesday Hebrew classes in Marin. Because classrooms will be rented based on registration numbers, and rentals are paid upfront for the year, these fees cannot be discounted or refunded.
LATE ENROLLMENT POLICY
- There is no discount for enrolling after the beginning of the school year and before January. Full fees are due.
- Any family that chooses to enroll their child in in January will receive a 50% discount on fees.
- Families interested in enrolling their children after January will be handled on a case-by-case basis. In general, these families are encouraged to wait until the following school year unless the student has already been enrolled in a Jewish educational program at another synagogue that year.
Program Start Dates
- Sunday Standard Program: Sunday, Sept 15: 9 – 11:45am
- Wednesday Standard Program: Wednesday, Sept 18: 4 – 6:30pm
4th-7th Grade Hebrew Program
- Sunday: Sept 15: 1-2pm (supervision offered between 11:45-1pm, please bring your own lunch)
- Monday: Sept 16: 4:15-5:30pm or 5:15-6:30pm (supervision and snacks are provided from 3:30-4:15pm and 4:30-5:15pm)
- Tuesday Marin: Sept 17: 3:30-4:30pm or 4:45-5:45pm (215 Blackfield Drive, Tiburon, CA 94920)
- Thursday: Sept 19: 4:15 -5:30pm or 5:15-6:30pm (supervision and snacks are provided from 3:30-4:15pm and 4:30-5:15pm)
7th Grade Mitzvah Corps
- 7th GradeFamily Education Programs: November 6, March 4, May 20: 6-8pm (includes potluck dinner)
- Mitzvah Corps service events begin in late August (sign-ups at orientation in May).
8th – 12th Grade Emanu-El Fellowship Classes (TEF)
- Opening session for ALL 8th – 12th grade students is Sunday, September 22 from 12:30 – 2 pm (lunch included). All other classes will be held on alternate Sundays, 10:30am – 12pm.
- Madrichim is our educational leadership training program for 8th graders wishing to work in YFE programs. This program is not included on the online registration forms, but these families will receive an email about signing up in June.
All YFE programs expect that participating students be immunized. We have many families in our programs with new babies or toddlers, who because of their age, are not yet immunized or not fully immunized. These children would be put at risk by non-immunized participants. If you feel that your family has an exception to this expectation, you must contact our YFE Administrative Director, Flora Kupferman.
YFE Administrative Director