Congregation Emanu-El Preschool represents a partnership among faculty, staff, and parents. We are a collaborative community that shares a deep commitment to the development and enrichment of our children. Through our open-door policy, we welcome parents, caregivers, and family members into our program in a capacity that is meaningful to the child.
Our families reflect the diversity of San Francisco and we are sensitive to individual family needs.
Working Parents – Over half our families have two parents working full-time outside the home
Family Structures – Married, Divorced, Single Parents, LGBT, Extended Families
Financial – Broad range of socio-economic levels
Jewish Observance & Spirituality – Vary widely from non-Jewish to the Rabbi’s children.
Congregation Emanu-El Preschool is located inside the Congregation Emanu-El synagogue at the corner of Arguello Boulevard and Lake Street on the border of the Inner Richmond and Presidio Heights neighborhoods. Our close proximity to the Presidio National Park (one block away) drives our embedded outdoor education curriculum for every age group. Our community includes families from across San Francisco, and we welcome families from all neighborhoods, ethnicities, and affiliations into our community.
All parents are invited to join our active PA and encouraged to contribute to their child’s preschool experience by supporting the faculty and participating in community events and programming. Parent Association activities are scheduled at various times to accommodate different family schedules. There are countless ways to get involved and to become connected to this warm and vibrant community – helping out before, during or after an event, being a room parent, co-chairing a committee.
Parent Association Activities
- Sunday morning park playdates
- Parent Education events – Weekday mornings and evenings with childcare. Recent events have included Sibling Rivalry, Cooking for your Family, Story Telling and Positive Discipline.
- Family Shabbat Services and Dinners
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Family Fun Day (school carnival)
- Purim Bake Sale
- Homeless Shelter Dinner
- Classroom-specific events – Mom’s dinner, Park Playdates, Parent’s Night Out
- Annual CEEP Benefit and Art Auction
- “Chesed” Community Support – Coordinated “Helping Hands” support to families within the preschool in times of need (meals, playdates, providing transportation)