Home of Peace Cemetery
Emanu-el and Garden of Peace Mausoleums
Serving the Jewish Community of Northern California Since 1850
1299 El Camino Real
Colma, CA 94014
From Highway 280 South:
Take the HICKEY BLVD exit towards HICKEY BOULEVARD/SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO
Turn LEFT on HICKEY BLVD
Turn LEFT on EL CAMINO REAL
Arrive at 1299 EL CAMINO REAL, COLMA
Home of Peace office and cemetery visitation hours are Sunday through Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Congregation Emanu-El established its first cemetery when the congregation was founded in 1847. It was located in Pacific Heights on Gough Street between Broadway and Vallejo. In 1850, Emanu-El dedicated its second cemetery in the Mission District on Dolores Street in the area that is now Dolores Park.
Opened January 1, 1889, Home of Peace, Congregation Emanu-El’s third and current cemetery, is located on twenty-five acres of beautifully maintained landscaped gardens at the foot of San Bruno Mountain in the Town of Colma.
Home of Peace offers the Jewish community of Northern California the choice of traditional ground burial in its beautifully maintained burial sections, entombment in the recently expanded Emanu-El indoor mausoleum or in Garden of Peace outdoor garden crypts, or inurnment in Emanu-El niches or Garden of Peace Urn Garden burial spaces.
Maintenance of burial, entombment, and inurnment space is under Endowment Care. Weekly fresh flower placement and gravesite ornamentation services are available on an annual or endowed basis.
San Francisco Congregation Beth Sholom and congregation Peninsula Temple Sholom of Burlingame have designated traditional ground burial sections for their member families in Home of Peace Cemetery. The San Francisco Association of World War II Veterans from the former Soviet Union also has dedicated a traditional ground burial section for its member families in Home of Peace.