Our rabbis and cantor are available to officiate at weddings of Jewish and interfaith couples of all genders. Interfaith couples must agree to meet the Temple’s criteria for interfaith marriages.
The criteria are:
- That the couple plan to have a Jewish home and, if they have children, the children be raised as Jews;
- That they enroll in an introduction to Judaism class, preferably the one offered by Congregation Emanu-El.
- That they join a synagogue.
Our clergy do not co-officiate with clergy of another religion.
For more information please contact Svetlana Leykin at (415) 751-2541 x 123
It is customary to make a contribution in a couple’s honor, such as to the Temple’s Lifecycle Fund.
Chuppah and Beyond
CHUPPAH AND BEYOND:MARRIAGE ENRICHMENT FOR ENGAGED AND NEWLY MARRIED COUPLES
Next cohort starting Fall 2020
WEDNESDAY EVENINGS—October 14 – November 18—7-9:00 pm via Zoom
Cost: Congregant cost: $200 per couple; Non-congregant cost: $300 per couple
Chuppah and Beyond is designed to help couples shape foundational tools for a successful, happy lifelong relationship, while simultaneously building community with other like-minded couples.
The classes are led by Senior Rabbi Emeritus Stephen S. Pearce, the Taube Emanu-El Scholar, who earned his doctorate in counselor psychology at St. John’s University (NY) with a specialization in marriage and family counseling. For 20 years, Dr. Pearce taught counseling and human relations at the Hebrew Union College, the rabbinical seminary of the Reform Movement. Rabbi Pearce will co-facilitate each class along members of the Temple Emanu-El clergy team and invited guests. Topics include:
- Communication, Realistic/Unrealistic Expectations, Escalating/Deescalating and Managing Conflict
- Intimacy, Honesty, and Commitment
- Money Matters and Financial Planning,
- Equality, Jealousy, Insecurity, Addictions
- Parental Models, Child Rearing, Outside Family Interference
- Building A Faith-Based Home.
REGISTRATION NOTE: If you have an account in our system already, please just mark yourself down as registering. Registration fees are paid in full by 1 person in the couple. Please email your partner’s name to Ariana Estoque at [email protected]
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 4…
6:00 pm - 6:45 pm | Shabbat service led by Rabbi Ryan Bauer and Cantor…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Jonathan Singer, followed by Mourner's…