Position Title: Office Coordinator
Reports to: People Operations Manager / Director of Member Experience
Status: Full Time, Exempt
At Congregation Emanu-El, we believe that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create stronger community, and repair the world.
Congregation Emanu-El seeks an energetic, self-motivated, and experienced individual to join our team to provide administrative support to our congregants and staff. This position is integral to the daily operations of the synagogue and essential in providing a warm and welcoming atmosphere along with the organizational efficiency to support the diverse needs of various synagogue constituents. Attention to detail, superb abilities with Microsoft suite and data management skills are critical for this position, as are strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative spirit, and a ‘can-do’ and creative perspective. This position requires efficiency, autonomy, strong organizational skills, the ability to maintain confidentiality, and the delivery of time-sensitive communications.
- Front Office:
- Serve as the key point of contact for congregants and visitors and main office vendors such as maintenance, mailing supplies, equipment repair.
- Provide administrative support and information, as needed, to programming staff and volunteers to assist with delivery of events.
- Respond to, or refer all member inquiries received by phone, email or in person.
- Membership / Engagement:
- Respond to and route member inquiries regarding life cycle events such as weddings, baby-naming, deaths.
- Maintain and update weekly reports/lists for the Clergy and key personnel.
- Prepare mailings for multiple departments.
- Additional support leading up to and during the High-Holidays (July – October).
- Building Operations
- Monitor and maintain inventory for necessary office supplies for the entire organization; order supplies as needed to keep basic supplies stocked, and to fulfill special requests from staff.
- Maintain phone system and phone services, copy machines, mail machines and all other office equipment.
- Submit work orders and schedule repairs for building-wide maintenance and equipment.
- Provide ongoing support to various Departments as requested.
- Positivity and a calm demeanor during high volume and stressful periods.
- Ability to quickly change priorities without getting flustered.
- Experience in a business work environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Salesforce and Microsoft Office applications.
- Attention to detail and written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to liaise comfortably with a wide array of individuals, from staff to members to vendors.
Benefits and Salary:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and full benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible benefits plan and 403b employer match.
Congregation Emanu-El is a vibrant, dynamic Reform Jewish synagogue with a diverse membership of more than 1800 families. Our dedicated clergy and staff are committed to excellence across the organization, connecting members with their Judaism and history at the highest level, and bringing Jewish values to life in meaningful and inspiring ways.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm | Do Good, Feel GoodOctober - November Want to give back?…
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm | Event Signup
8:00 am - 8:15 am | We are offering a weekly morning minyan for our…