Senior Director of Congregational Engagement and Membership
San Francisco, CA 94118
About Congregation Emanu-El and the Engagement and Membership Division
Congregation Emanu-El believes that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create a stronger community, and repair the world. Synagogues are central to that journey. The largest congregation in Northern California, Emanu-El is in strong financial health, with a membership of over 2,200 families. All Congregational Engagement and Membership Division staff are emissaries of EE’s mission to create vibrant forms of Judaism and a shared sense of meaning, working together to make Emanu-El a welcoming Jewish home for every member of our community. The engagement and membership staff are responsible for working with our members and congregants throughout their Jewish journey by providing relevant programs and shared experiences and fostering a strong personal connection to the Emanu-El community.
The Engagement and Membership Division Senior Director role will manage and direct all aspects of the member experience. The candidate will be expected to have experience in membership/customer relations and proven organizational, project and program management, staff management, budgetary, and marketing/communication skills. As a member of the Executive Team, the ideal candidate will partner with clergy, Executive Director, and CFO to implement strategies and best practices for membership and engagement development.
The director works closely with Emanu-El clergy, staff and lay leaders to create and implement a wide variety of vibrant and engaging programmatic offerings and experiences for members and the community as a whole. The director is the primary person responsible for overseeing the implementation and evaluation of congregational engagement programming and membership experiences, and for fostering creativity, communication and collaboration between all Emanu-El constituencies and departments.
The director supervises the Community Engagement & Adult Learning Director, the Communications and Marketing Director, the Member Experience Coordinator, and the Database Administrator.
Candidate Characteristics and Experience
We are seeking a candidate with a passion for member experience and community engagement, with a team-oriented philosophy, project management skills, and an ability to work well with a broad range of constituencies.
The successful candidate should demonstrate the followings skills and experience:
- Articulate and promote the congregation’s vision, values, and goals to members, lay leaders, and community members
- Design, manage and implement member and community engagement strategies and programming
- Manage, inspire, motivate and support a highly diverse, talented team charged with member cultivation, engagement, marketing, publications, and outreach
- Oversee the development of an integrated marketing and communications strategy
- Expertise in managing business functions including project management, budgeting, financial planning, and human resources
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office 365 and Salesforce, as well as a demonstrated familiarity with marketing, social media, and project management software
Competitive salary and benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible benefits plan and 403b employer match.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com