Shabbaton Packing List & Sample Schedule
- Bedding (sleeping bag or sheets & blanket, and pillow)
- Toiletries (toothbrush, tooth paste, soap, deodorant, brush/comb, towel, contact lens solution, etc)
- Clothing for 2 days and 2 nights (Weather can be both very warm during the day and cold at night, so pack accordingly. Rain is also a possibility.)
- White clothes specifically for Shabbat.
- Closed toe shoes required!
- Flashlight & Water Bottle
- A small, plastic garbage bag for dirty or wet clothes
- Personal Items (book, journal, musical instrument, homework, sports equipment to share, etc)
- Personal medications (for the student-only Spring retreat, these must be held by staff, with clear instructions)
DO NOT BRING
- VALUABLES – at camps things naturally get lost, dirty and/or broken
- ELECTRONICS – this includes digital cameras, cell phones, or any screens)
- Make Up
- Matches, lighters, drugs including alcohol, knives
Keep in mind we will only be away for two nights, so avoid overpacking and large luggage. Often you cannot park by cabins and luggage will need to be carried in areas where rollers will not work.
WHAT WILL THE SCHEDULE BE LIKE ON THE SHABBATONS?
- While every Shabbaton will differ, this is an example of one of our Shabbatons
|Arrive and Move in to your cabin!
Welcoming Orientation & Dinner
Students Lights Out / Parent Program with the rabbi
Camp Activities/ Family Free Time
Afternoon group program
Evening Campfire Programs (Students & Parents separate)
10:00 am - 11:00 am | Noon Main Sanctuary service led by Rabbi Jonathan Singer,…
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm | We are tired of being at home and are…
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 4…