Shabbaton (Retreat) FAQs
WHAT DOES THE 6TH GRADE YFE FEE COVER?
- 8 Shabbat Experiences
- 2 overnight Shabbatons for 6th grader (site, meals, staffing and program materials)
- January 11th Extended Day (staff and program materials)
- Weekly Hebrew
- B’nei Mitzvah prep (staff, classes/meetings, and materials)
Not included: family member accommodations and meals at family retreat (separate registration and fee)
DOES CEE PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION?
- Family Retreat: Families drive themselves to the site.
- Student-only Retreat: CEE provides bus transportation from Emanu-El from the retreat site and back.
WHICH PARTS OF THE 6TH GRADE YFE PROGRAM ARE REQUIRED TO KEEP OUR B’NEI MITZVAH DATE?
- Saturday Morning Shabbat Experience (student and adult) (especially Oct 12, Jan 11, and May 2nd)
- Weekly Hebrew (students only)
- Shabbaton Retreats (one with whole family, one students-only) No, you must also attend weekly Hebrew classes and our monthly Shabbat Experience program in addition to the two Shabbatons as described when you enrolled. A full description can be seen here.
WHAT KIND OF FOOD WILL THERE BE?
- All meals are served “Kosher-style” (no milk and meat products at the same meal, no pork or shellfish).
- There will always be a vegetarian option.
- Snacks will be provided between meals.
- Other dietary needs will be handled on a case by case basis. Please contact us.
- No one goes hungry and we do not recommend sending students with extra food (especially sweets) as this can attract wild animals or cause social disruptions.
WHAT ARE THE ACCOMMODATIONS LIKE?
- Clean and comfortable cabins!
- You may share a cabin made for 12 with another family (so still plenty of space).
- We will be in natural places, but always have nice indoor spaces for meals, bathrooms, programs, and sleeping accommodations : )
MAY MY CHILD BRING A FRIEND?
- These programs are only open to registered 6th grade YFE students and their immediate family members.
WHAT WILL THE SCHEDULE BE LIKE ON THE SHABBATONS?
- While every Shabbaton will differ, this is an example of one of our Shabbatons
|Arrive and Move in to your cabin!
Welcoming Orientation & Dinner
Students Lights Out / Parent Program with the rabbi
Camp Activities/ Family Free Time
Afternoon group program
Evening Campfire Programs (Students & Parents separate)
Tikkun Olam & Packing Time
12:00 am - 12:00 am | To review a schedule of all of our High…
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 4…
11:00 am - 12:00 pm | Listen for the Shofar “blast” to awaken us to…