Social Media Assistant (Part-Time/Freelance)
Position Title: Social Media Assistant
Reports to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Status: Part Time, Consultant/Freelance
Location: San Francisco, CA (remote candidates considered)
At Congregation Emanu-El, we believe that Judaism guides us on our journey to be better people, create stronger community, and repair the world. We are searching for the right person to help us communicate the many ways we carry out this vision, and to ensure that all our communications and marketing materials reflect and uphold it.
Congregation Emanu-El seeks a creative, tech-savvy, and motivated part-time Social Media Assistant (approx. 15 hours per week). The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to create fresh and innovative content that not only informs but generates excitement about the temple for current members, potential members, and the larger community. Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills are required. Design and video experience are a plus.
The Social Media Assistant will work closely with the Communications and Marketing Associate, clergy, and other staff to ensure that the congregation’s external communications and marketing are consistent, engaging, accurate, and advance organizational priorities.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns across temple social media accounts, including paid campaigns, alongside the Communications and Marketing Associate.
- Conceptualize, create, edit, and share engaging content while maintaining a social media calendar.
- Identify the effectiveness and impact of our social media content with tracking and analysis.
- Monitor all company social pages and forward relevant comments and DMs to the appropriate department (during working hours only).
- Periodically (once every 1-2 months) moderate livestream comments during a Friday Shabbat service.
What You’ll Bring to the Job:
- Understanding of and passion for relational engagement and developing cultures of belonging
- Demonstrated experience working with Young Adult communities or groups (age 21-39)
- An awareness of, and interest in, Jewish culture and traditions
- Confidence initiating and running programs, asking strategic questions, and thinking creatively
- Exceptional organization, leadership, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Flexible schedule, and willingness to work some nights and weekends
- Comfortable with technology and managing data to draw conclusions that inform decisions
- 1-5 years of relevant experience in a related field (eg: engagement, nonprofits, Jewish communal service, or project management)
- Experience in MS Office 365, Salesforce or other relevant database management, and social media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communications skills with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to manage a variety of projects and initiatives concurrently.
- A team player, but able to work independently and accurately when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with social media scheduling software (i.e. Buffer, HootSuite, etc).
- 1-2 years’ experience writing and posting content for social media.
- Familiarity with social media analytics.
- Experience in graphic design and video editing a plus.
As a part-time role, this position offers an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Congregation Emanu-El is the fifth largest Jewish Reform congregation in the United States, with approximately 1800 households, and is the oldest Jewish congregation west of the Mississippi. Officially established in 1850, and located in a landmark temple in San Francisco, Emanu-El serves as a foundation of community life for Jews and non-Jews, for members and non-members, with innovative programs in worship, community and education that span the cycles and events of life.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected].
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm | Bring your musical instruments and gather with us outdoors…
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Friday Night Shabbat Services this…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with a member of our Clergy, followed…