Congregation Emanu-El List of Funds
Our giving opportunities offer something for everyone. In keeping with our mission, our fundraising initiatives focus on several broad categories that support the work we do. Your gift(s) to one or more of these funds is greatly appreciated.
- Where the Need is Greatest – this is our ‘general’ fund, and allows the Temple the most flexibility in directing your contribution dollars.
- Annual Giving Campaign – the Annual Fund is a critical source of income to the Temple, helping us make up the difference between revenues from membership dues and other fees, and our actual operating costs.
- Emanu-El Endowment Fund – the endowment helps to secure our congregation’s significant program needs and ensure our future financial stability.
- Emanu-El Life-Cycle Fund – a donation to the Emanu-El Life-Cycle Fund is a lovely way to mark a personal life cycle experience, to honor friends or family celebrating a happy milestone, or to remember a loved-one. Be it a baby naming or brit milah, a b’nei mitzvah, conversion, wedding blessing, or memorial service, the Temple clergy and staff strive to ensure that each sacred life cycle occasion is deeply fulfilling and personal. Our Life Cycle Fund helps to sustain these highly tailored services without charge and guarantees that the services are available when needed.
- Rabbis’ Discretionary Fund – used for charitable giving at the Rabbis’ discretion.
- Cantors’ Fund – this fund is used for charitable giving at the Cantor’s discretion.
- Community Service Fund – the purpose of this fund is to promote and support social justice and community service efforts in the Bay Area, particularly those that encourage giving and volunteering in partnership with our synagogue.
- Oneg-Shabbat and Kiddush Sponsorship Fund – this fund helps to make our temple a welcoming place for members and guests. It provides in part for the weekly Shabbat Kiddush and for other congregational receptions.
- Preschool Fund – this fund provides tuition scholarships for children attending the Emanu-El preschool, and for staff development workshops, parent education, enrichment specialists, and special equipment for the preschool.
- Youth Education Fund – this fund is used for special programming and materials in the Youth and Family Education Program.
- Other Temple Funds – We are pleased to recognize all of the funds that have helped to sustain Congregation Emanu-El through the years, and are grateful to the individuals, families and foundations that established them.
9:30 am - 11:00 am |
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm | The Torah-based teachings and practices of meditation (avodah) and…
5:30 pm - 6:00 pm |