Congregation Emanu-El List of Funds
Emanu-El provides a diverse selection of giving opportunities that offers something for everyone. Your support of one or more of these funds is greatly appreciated.
If you have questions or are interested in participating in the Emanu-El Next campaign, please reach out to Talia Rothman, Development & Capital Campaign Sr. Associate, in the Development Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-750-7554. Thank you!
- Where the Need is Greatest: Our ‘general’ fund, which allows the Temple the most flexibility in directing your contribution dollars.
- Impact Fund: A critical source of income to the Temple, helping us make up the difference between our actual operating costs and the revenues from membership dues and other fees.
- Emanu-El Endowment Fund: The endowment helps to secure our congregation’s financial stability and allows us to make targeted investments in response to challenges and opportunities as they arise.
- Emanu-El Life-Cycle Fund: Contributing to the Emanu-El Life-Cycle Fund is a lovely way to mark a personal life cycle experience, to honor friends or family celebrating a happy milestone, or to remember a loved-one. Be it a baby naming or brit milah, a b’nei mitzvah, conversion, wedding blessing, or memorial service, the Temple clergy and staff strive to ensure that each sacred life cycle occasion is deeply fulfilling and personal. Our Life Cycle Fund helps to sustain these highly tailored services without charge and guarantees that the services are available when needed.
- Rabbis’ Discretionary Fund: Used for charitable giving at the Rabbis’ discretion.
- Cantors’ Fund: Used for charitable giving at the Cantors’ discretion.
- Community Service Fund: This fund promotes and supports social justice and community service efforts in the Bay Area, particularly those that encourage giving and volunteering in partnership with our synagogue.
- Oneg-Shabbat and Kiddush Sponsorship Fund: Helps to make our temple a welcoming place for members and guests by subsidizing costs associated with the weekly Shabbat Kiddush and for other congregational receptions.
- Preschool Fund: Provides tuition scholarships for children attending the Emanu-El preschool, and for staff development workshops, parent education, enrichment specialists, and special equipment for the preschool.
- Youth Education Fund: Supports special programming and provides materials for the Youth and Family Education Program.
- Israel Action Programming: Supports our Israel Action Committee’s work to strengthen Congregation Emanu-El’s connection with and support of Israel through sponsoring diverse and thoughtful programming.
- Other Temple Funds: We are pleased to recognize all of the funds that have helped to sustain Congregation Emanu-El through the years, and are grateful to the individuals, families, and foundations that established them.
12:00 pm - 12:45 pm | Join Cantor Marsha Attie to discuss prayer, Hebrew, and…
12:00 am - 12:00 am |
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 2…