Ukraine Crisis – How You Can Help
As the crisis in Ukraine escalates, thousands have come under fire and thousands more have fled the fighting. Emanu-El is doing our part by donating directly through our Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund and encouraging members to provide support. We are working with our partners in San Francisco: The Jewish Community Federation & Endowment Fund and Jewish Family & Children’s Services. Below is some information about how Jewish organizations nationwide are helping.
Support the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund (JCF):
- Your gift to JCF’s Ukraine Emergency Fund provides uninterrupted welfare services to 40,000 poor, home and bed-bound Jewish elderly and at-risk families including food, medicine, winter relief, and homecare and assists internally displaced people and refugees in multiple locations, including in Ukraine and neighboring countries.
Send direct humanitarian aid to Ukraine via Jewish Family and Children’s Services (JFCS):
- Jewish Family and Children’s Services helps deliver funds that provide food and emergency aid inside Ukraine and refugee assistance in other countries. They are working closely with their colleagues on the ground. JFCS is also offering legal assistance, helping to reunite refugees with relatives here in Bay Area and abroad.
Support IsraAID’s Emergency Response Team:
- IsraAID Emergency Response Fund: IsraAID is deploying an emergency response team to Moldova to provide urgent support to vulnerable, newly-arrived Ukrainian refugees.
Support the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS):
- HIAS has partners on the ground in Ukraine and is working around the clock to mobilize the Jewish communities in Poland, Moldova, and across the EU to ensure safe passage and provide immediate humanitarian aid in the form of shelter, food, and blankets (and prepare for much more).
Support Reform Congregations in Ukraine:
- World Union for Progressive Judaism (WUPJ) has created an opportunity to support Reform congregations in Ukraine.
Support the Joint Distribution Committee (JDC) Ukraine Response:
- JDC is on the ground, providing aid to those Jews remaining in Ukraine and the thousands of refugees who have fled to neighboring countries. JDC’s robust response includes coordinating evacuations, staffing border crossings, operating emergency hotlines and providing essentials. Charity Navigator gives the JDC 100/100 for accountability and transparency.
Direct Help for Ukraine
- Direct Help for Ukraine is a grassroots effort organized by a growing network of young, Russian-speaking American Jews. While they are helping with all aid, evacuation and resettlement efforts, these funds are also helping Holocaust survivors, elderly Ukrainians and families with children.
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm | Join us for In-Person Shabbat Services this Friday, December…
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with a member of our Clergy, followed…
10:00 am - 11:00 am | This year Rabbi Kushner will be using Arthur Green’s…