“Open your hearts and hands, and “pray with your feet!”
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel
As we move into offering more volunteer opportunities with the temple, both in-person and virtual, we would love for you to get involved and reinforce our congregant-to-congregant connections!
We are thrilled to offer these volunteer programs:
Ten Lev (Give Heart) Collective:
- Current members in San Francisco, South San Francisco, Marin, and East Bay areas. Make Care calls and/or visits to your Emanu-El neighbors during life-cycle moments – and deliver or coordinate healthy, hearty meals from the Cooking for Congregants program.
- Reach out to community members during life-cycle moments, offering support, solace / condolences, and joy / congratulations as appropriate.
- Frequency varies ~ approx. 3 hrs./mo.
- Welcome fellow congregants and guests to Shabbat services.
- 1 -2 x/mo. rotation, depending on your availability
- Write and send greeting cards for Birthdays, Congratulations and Condolences.
- 1 -2 x/ mo.
Annual Winter Interfaith Shelter Dinners:
- For close to 20 years, Emanu-El has participated in the Annual Winter Interfaith Shelter Dinners program run by the San Francisco Interfaith Council to help house and feed our community’s homeless population. From November to March each year, local churches open up their spaces to allow homeless people to eat a warm meal and spend the night out of the cold. Emanu-El signs up annually for 8 nights of dinners in late January to participate in this much needed program.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of these programs, please email Ann Jackson, Volunteer Coordinator at: [email protected].
Upcoming One-Time Volunteer Opportunities:
Help our Neighbors at St. John’s Food Bank Volunteers:
When: Saturday, May 20th from 7:15 – 9:30 am
Where: St. John’s Presbyterian Church, 25 Lake St
Please join the Tzedek Collective in a meaningful volunteer opportunity with our neighbors, St John’s Presbyterian Church. Each week, St. John’s hosts a food pantry in collaboration with SF-Marin Food Bank on Saturday mornings. Food is distributed to 200 families that live in the zip code surrounding Congregation Emanu-El.
Come join the Emanu-El community and help our neighbors support local families! Families welcome, no age minimum to volunteer!
Mishpachot Emanu-El Babies: Mondays 5/15-6/5
10:00 am - 11:30 am | NEW PRICE!Drop-ins welcome!Our Mishpachot Emanu-El program for Babies introduces…
Mishpachot Emanu-El Toddlers: Wednesdays 5/17-6/7
10:00 am - 11:15 am | Wednesdays 10:00-11:15 amDates: 5/17, 5/24, 5/31 and 6/7Our Mishpachot Emanu-El…
A Special L'hitraot Tot Shabbat - (6/2/23)
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm | A Very Special Tot Shabbat!Not goodbye, just see you…