Young Adult Peer Connector
Young Adult Peer Connector at Congregation Emanu-El (Part-Time)
Congregation Emanu-El is hiring a half-time Young Adult Peer Connector who will help hundreds of Jewish young adults in their 20s and 30s who are unengaged or mostly uninvolved in Jewish life to connect to Jewish opportunities, build lasting friendships, and discover personally meaningful Jewish life. We are looking for a tenacious, enthusiastic people-person. Congregation Emanu-El’s Young Adult Peer Connector will be a part of the network of Peer Connectors across the Bay Area launched by the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund.
This position is designed to be part-time (flexible 10-20 hours/week) for a year and a half as part of a grant from the Jewish Community Federation and Endowment Fund. Intended employment dates are March 2020 through June 2021
Who we are:
Congregation Emanu-El is proud to be the home of one of the largest synagogue-based young adult Jewish communities in the world, and the largest young adult community in the Bay Area. For over two decades, we have been on the cutting edge of the national effort to provide young adult Jews with programs that inspire and break down barriers. Our monthly Late Shabbat service and community gathering attracts approximately 500 Jews in their 20s and 30s, with typically 150 new attendees at every service.
Who you are:
- Someone with a burning desire to help 20s and 30s across the Bay Area find their Jewish community
- A natural relationship-builder with an outgoing, professional demeanor
- You have a zest for learning about the diverse Jewish opportunities in the Bay Area
- You have experience working in the Jewish community or sharing Jewish wisdom
- Curious, interested in people, and a good listener
- A passionate self-starter with strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
What you’ll do:
As Congregation Emanu-El’s Young Adult Peer Connector, you will go beyond our building and programs to meet young people where they are and help us create an even more thriving and dynamic Jewish young adult community in the Bay Area and at Emanu-El.
Specifically, you will:
- Meet young adults outside of mainstream Jewish settings
- Listen and build individual relationships
- Curate small groups and gatherings in intimate settings
- Help to staff and support Emanu-El’s Young Adult programming
- Co-create new Jewish experiences and share Jewish wisdom in relevant ways
- Connect and guide people in finding Jewish paths and people in order to do the things that matter most to them, whether through Emanu-El and/or other organizations
- Maintain a knowledge of the robust, diverse happenings for Jewish young people in the Bay Area
- Participate in ongoing coaching, evaluation, and the Community of Practice with the network of other connectors
- Attend NextGen Professional Meetings convened by the Federation
- Regularly track your progress using our CRM database
- Maintain a program budget to support these activities
- Consider staffing a Birthright trip
- Maintain an expansive 1:1 engagement portfolio with young adults in the Bay Area
- Represent Emanu-El at community functions around the Bay Area
Benefits and Salary
We offer a competitive hourly salary and we are open to a part-time employee who works between 10-20 hours/week, according to their preferences.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and hours requirements to [email protected].
9:15 am - 10:15 am | Torah Study with Rabbi Jonathan Singer, followed by Mourner's…
11:00 am - 11:45 am | Show up with your little ones (birth to 4…
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm | Join Rabbis Sydney Mintz, Matthew Gewirtz and Yoshi Zweiback…