Eimatai: If Not Now, When?
Disruptive Judaism for Future Leaders
The Matzger Young Leadership Initiative
Congregation Emanu-El seeks to nurture and support the development of a small (20 participants), highly motivated and committed cohort of young adult future Jewish leaders in San Francisco to meet once per month to engage in intensive & deep Jewish learning.
The “ask” of our participants:
- Engage in serious Jewish learning. No prereqs–we will meet you where you are at.
- Attend an opening retreat February 1st-3rd 2019.
- Attend 11 monthly learning sessions, starting in March 2019 from 6 to 9pm at Emanu-El with Rabbis Rodich, Mintz and guest teachers (delicious dinner included!).
- Be open to personal growth in the context of a community of learning.
- The actual cost to Emanu-El per participant is $1,100. Participants will be asked to contribute between $360-$1,800 based on their ability to pay. Nobody will be turned away due to lack of ability to pay.
The investment that we will make in our participants:
- Serious, intentional and planned Jewish learning. We’re getting real and deep. For real. Emanu-El clergy and other local scholars will work with Eimatai to significantly broaden and deepen Jewish knowledge and ability to access our tradition.
- We will get past “Judaism 101” and participants will be able to articulate for themselves what the core principles are of their own Jewish religious practice and how this practice will inform future communal leadership.
- We are committed to you taking ownership of our tradition and supporting you as you develop your own Jewish practice and vision for your Jewish life. Claim it, it’s yours.
We are interested in creating a highly diverse and committed cohort of about 20 people! Please fill out our application here by December 16!
-Rabbi Sydney Mintz and Rabbi Jason Rodich, Roshei Yeshiva (your Torah-loving teachers)
9:30 am - 11:00 am |
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm | Join Rabbis Ryan Bauer, Jonathan and Beth Singer, and…
5:30 pm - 8:00 pm | Join Rabbis Bauer, Jonathan and Beth Singer, and Cantor…